Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Roll Up



This is a garage door. Our garage door needs to be almost 5 metres wide, which means it's apparently going to cost £2,300 to install something like this. It's German you see, and everyone knows that doubles the price, which is why we can't have that £17,000 aluminium canopy over the patio either (though I'm still hoping to sweet talk Ray at BAS to supplying it for a more managable price - like £24.99).


Yesterday I had an appointment at the garage door showroom during my lunch break. The salesman was a bit taken aback when I said I wanted a 'sectional' door. 'You know what you're talking about, don't you?' he said. 'I'm not spending two grand without doing my homework.' I replied. I can't help wondering what on earth other people are doing when they renovate a house - don't they go and have a play with the remote control doors before they buy them? Don't they have a fold of the bifold doors?


The Winchester Tile company have sent us another sample in their 'truffle' colour, which confims my suspicion that either there's been a massive fault on the production line, or else their 'truffle' tile doesn't have the same glaze as the other colours they make. The truffle has to go - and we have to go back to the showrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment