Thursday, September 15, 2011

Propped Up



When I say the first floor is propped up by table legs, I'm not joking. I can't tell you how many times I've mentally pictured this whole thing collapsing. I'm sure these builders know what they are doing but it's always a little disconcerting to see your house looking so...vulnerable.



Dropped in to see what progress had been made today. The answer was 'none' since yesterday, though the concrete mixer was turning round as usual, which I suspect these brickies do on purpose whenever they see me coming up the road. I've never thought to check whether there's anything in it - for all I know it's doing their washing. It's frustrating when nothing happens on a 'good weather' day at this stage, especially when the forecast tomorrow says 'rain.'

No comments:

Post a Comment