Monday, April 18, 2011

Take a Seat



You mean I didn't show you our downstairs loo? What an omission - surely the jewel in the crown. The suite's by Twyfords and I know it's 'aqua' because the colours are timeless. It's absolutely bombproof and I'm sure some reclamation yard will give us £75 for it because there are people out there who like this sort of thing. That's the water meter sitting on the skirting board. Yes, the picture matches - it's my 'Australia Blues' - made it myself without ever realising it would be the perfect match for a cistern.


And then theres's that wallpaper, which is peeling away to reveal the rotten plaster that needs knocking off, and the 'vacant/engaged' door lock which is so bad it's good. There's no heating in this room so it's freezing cold in winter - those doors have got to go too. All in good time.


It's being done the first week in June.....

1 comment:

  1. Why would you put the lock from a public toilet on your bathroom? Some people are very odd. Never seen that shade of twyford before, it was always the avocado one when I was younger, you could have a rare find?!

    ReplyDelete