Friday, June 17, 2011

Project Cubby House








I wouldn't say Dr B is one for DIY, especially not 'outside' DIY involving sharp sand and other really boring products that come in polythene bags. I was desperate for a wooden playhouse in the last house (yes, me, not the kids) but I knew we'd be moving on and didn't want the hassle of taking it apart so it's waited until now. We had a huge corner of the garden hidden behind a crab apple tree that had seen better days, so Dr B lopped the tree and cleared the bushes and...called his brother.


The patio took them three days to construct and was formed partly from flags donated by my friend Jo, who was ripping hers up. In return I'm donating our old plastic playhouse for her son - perfect example of freecycling, I'd say.


The playhouse arrived today - we bought it on e-bay but couldn't pin the seller down to confirm delivery so I was a bit taken aback when it arrived this afternoon and even more taken aback when they expected cash on delivery, which they didn't get. The girls seem to like it. And I see a perfect getaway from the builders.







1 comment:

  1. "Cubby houses provide tons of fun for children so if your kids are begging you for their very own cubby house, the planning stage is vital to ensure that you end up with the perfect cubby house for your kids.
    If you like the idea of DIY but don't want to build a cubby house entirely from scratch, you can buy a DIY cubby house kit. These come with pre-cut materials and detailed instructions. All you have to do is slot the pieces together as the instructions say, and fasten them together with some basic tools."

    cubbies

    ReplyDelete